Account Manager, Ma Lab Inc, San Jose, CA, Oct 2016 – Present
- Monthly sales performances rank top 10% company wide and consistently hit over 100% against quota achievement.
- Develop potential customers and close new leads by cold calling, targeted outreach, prompt inquiry response, regular follow-up, and networking.
- Utilize expert IT product knowledge to recommend applicable products and cost-effective configurations.
- Solve sales process related issues by communicating effectively with internal colleagues from different departments.
Teaching and Research Assistant, ACES Graduate School UIUC, Champaign, IL, Aug 2012 – Dec 2015
- Conducted research on ISO impacts and composed International students writing guide for ACE graduate students.
- Taught undergraduate courses weekly including Personal Financial Planning; Food and Agribusiness Management; Introduction to Differential Equations.
Research Assistant, Illinois Green Business Association, Champaign, IL, Jun 2011 – Nov 2012
- Developed analysis tool to visualize business savings for implementing green management practices
- Designed sustainable future plan for IGBA based on an independent industries research and proposal
- Educated local businesses to be literate in implementing green practices by assisting with workshop development
New Student Program Coordinator, Dean’s office of Student Affairs, UIUC, Champaign, IL, Aug 2010 – Dec 2010
- Provided services through “ICelebrate: Connect, Learn, Achieve” to help new students and international students adjust to campus life (83 New Students program)
- Managed volunteers and actively facilitated at the following events: Experience Illinois event, New Student Helper Tent, the Sights and Sounds Event, Safety Week, and the University’s convocation
Proficiency in English, native languages are Chinese (Mandarin) and Cantonese, currently studying Japanese
SKILLS & INTERESTS
- Cold Calling, Customer relationship management, Project management, Sales software proficiency, Data analysis, IT Product knowledge, Server configuration knowledge, Working station configuration knowledge, Effective communication, Networking, Strategic thinking
- Photoshop, Stata, ArcGIS, STELLA, LaTeX
- Currently studying PMP, UX Design
- Volunteering, Social work, Community service, Sustainability, Human rights
- communication skill (team/vendor/customer) team work
- Empathic listener and persuasive speaker
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities
- Dynamic, results-oriented problem solver
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Master of Science in Agricultural and Applied Economics [Aug 2012 – Aug 2016]
Field of Study:
Natural Resource and Environmental Economics
Family and Consumer Economics
International, Policy, and Development Economics
Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Consumer Economics [Aug 2009 – May 2012]
Graduated with Highest Honors
Minor in Mathematics
James Scholar Honors; Gamma Sigma Delta Honor; Deans’ List; Bently Research Award
Alpha Zeta Morrow Chapter– a professional, honors fraternity aiming to cultivate new leaders for the world of Agriculture
- Environmental and Resource Economics, Advantage Natural Resource Economics, Environmental Law
- Economic Statistics, Statistics and Probability, Econometric Analysis, Applied Econometrics, Microeconometrics
- Impact Evaluation, Household Economics, Topics in Development Economics, International Development and Policy
- Microeconomics, Equilibrium and Welfare Economics, Demand and Supply, Firms vs. Households
- Urban Economics, Industrial Competition and Monopoly, GIS for Planners, Risk and Information
Khanna, M., & Liao, Y. (2014). Globalization and Voluntary Environmental Management in Developing Countries. Frontiers of Economics in China, 9(1), 138-163.
Liao, Y., Khanna, M., & Zhang, B The Estimated ISO influence on Environmental Performance in China.
China Economic Review in 2015
Ecological Economics in 2016
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS & POSTERS
- “The Estimated ISO influence on Environmental Performance in China.” Midwest Economics Association, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, Northwest University, April 1-2nd, 2016.
- “The Impact of ISO on Environmental Performance: An Empirical study of Chinese Manufacturing Industry.” Center for Natural Resource Economics and Policy, New Orleans, March 20-22nd, 2016.
- “Assessing Participation in ISO14001 in China on Environmental Performance.” [Poster] Heartland Workshop on Environmental and Resource Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, October 17-18th, 2015.
- “Assessing Participation in ISO14001 in China: Implications for Environmental Performance.” program in Environmental and Resource Economics Seminar, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, March 26th, 2015.
- “Global Environmental Challenges: the Role of China at The Greening of China.” Regulatory and Market Pressures conference, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, China, Dec 13-14th, 2012
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Personal financial planning: Fall 2013, Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2015
- Food and agribusiness management: Spring 2014
- Introduction to differential equations: Fall 2010
Shenzhen High School Affiliated to Shenzhen University
- UK AS-level Chemistry: winter camp 2010, winter camp2011
- UK A2-level Mathematics: winter camp 2011
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Spring 2014: International students writing guide for ACE graduate students
- Spring 2013: ISO impact research,
- Fall 2012: ISO impact research
- Fall 2011: Independent study, “Why Students Choose Recycled Notebooks?”
- Spring 2011: Honors project, “The Calling from Asian Black Bear: Predicting the Extinction Using STELLA Modeling.”
- Spring 2010: Honors Project, “Evaluating the Benefits of Air Abatement in Beijing: A Gift from the Olympic Games.”
LEADERSHIP & ACTIVITIES
Founder, President, Green Future Leaders, UIUC, Champaign, IL, Nov 2011 – May 2014
- Founded a University organization aiming to provide environmental related public education to the university community.
- Implemented membership recruitment and marketing strategies, trained potential interns for afflicted local non-profit organization, the Illinois Green Business Association.
- Designed sustainable workshop to train students to realize the economic and environmental benefits of daily green practices.
President of Marketing, Chinese Student and Scholars Association, UIUC, Champaign, IL, May 2011 – May 2012
- Fundraised by interacting with more than thirty local businesses and raised 20,000 dollars for year 2011
- Hosted and Organized New Year Gala event, Moon Festival Gala, and efficiently managed student volunteers
President of Public affairs, Chinese Student and Scholars Association, UIUC, Champaign, IL, April 2010 – May 2011, May 2012 – May 2013
- Chaired Freshmen BBQ, Freshmen Prom, and guided students to conquered their fears of navigating around the campus
- Mediated students’ rights, benefits, and conflicts with housing, renting and purchasing of vehicles by consulting with individual students and businesses
Health Educator, Stress Management Peer Affiliated to McKinley, UIUC, Jan 2010 – August 2012
- Built public speaking skills by delivering “Relaxation of Mind and Body” and “It’s all about time” workshops
- Lead Fundraising Committee, arranged Stress Less Party, and participated in mandatory weekly meetings
OTHER INVOLVEMENTS & VOLUNTEERING ACTIVITIES
- ACE Graduate Students Organization, TA coordinator for office assignment, Spring 2015 and Fall 2015.
- Personal financial planning club, Advisor, Fall 2015 — Spring 2016
- Shenzhen College of International Education Alumni Association, Alumni connection coordinator and event planner
- Salt and Light Ministries, Fight poverty with dignity movement, financial education, Champaign, Summer 2015
- Summer Institute on Sustainability and Energy (SISE), University of Illinois at Chicago, Summer 2014
- The Lions Club Champaign chapter since July 2013, local fundraising for Champaign Lions Eye Glasses Donation Program
- Illinois Marathon volunteers, 2011, 2013, and 2014
- Initiated Oceana photo campaign on UIUC campus, “Protecting the Atlantic from Offshore Drilling”, Nov 5-7th, 2011
- Alpha Zeta philanthropy event, “Pancakes Dinner”, which raise $700 for children’s lab, March 20th, 2010